FORREC Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
FORREC is an experience design company that has created some of the world’s most successful leisure and entertainment destinations. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of who we are; it’s not just what we do, it’s part of our identity. This belief applies to every single person at FORREC, and to every service we provide and how we provide it. The people who work at FORREC are as diverse as our projects. Our team members come from many disciplines, cultures, and perspectives, which allows us to be spirited, dynamic, sociable, and fearless.
The Intermediate Landscape Designer/Architect-Water Parks reports to the Studio Director – Landscape Architecture and works closely with the Landscape Architecture Team and Project Managers.
We’re searching for a creative and enthusiastic Intermediate Landscape Designer/Architect – Water Parks with experience designing and master planning for water parks and themed entertainment destinations. Experience with rides and water park facilities is highly desired. The ideal candidate is passionate about innovation and guest experience, design, and sustainability, and actively seeks opportunities to push the boundaries of our profession.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience working in a professional firm.
- Proven organization and time management skills.
- Ability to produce presentation drawings, technical drawings, and design packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in AutoCAD is required.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Proficiency in Revit is an asset.
- Proficiency in SketchUp is an asset.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Obvious enthusiasm and passion for themed entertainment design.
- Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
- Develop waterpark master plans at scale including major and secondary attractions, support facilities and back-of-house, retail /F&B, landscape, and parking.
- Integrate the waterpark master planning into an overall resort plan,
- Work with our Creative studio to create theming and narrative, and align the waterpark concept to the creative framework.
- Use hand and computer drawings, sketches, and graphics to express ideas and concepts.
- Develop both computer and hand-rendered plans, perspectives, site sections, elevations, and details for waterpark and water amenities.
- Develop the master plan concepts into technical packages suitable for construction.
- Work closely with senior landscape architects and/or project managers
- Quickly develop and communicate multiple design ideas.
- Manage multiple projects and budgets, and effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Manages client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments on all assigned projects.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior landscape architects.
- Work closely with Project Directors and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
Please submit your resume and portfolio by October 25th, 2023 to Louise Mazzotta (email@example.com).