OCTOBER 2, 2018 [Toronto, Ontario] – Entertainment design company FORREC Ltd. today announced a new go-to-market strategy for its business development team. By adding new team members and promoting proven talent, FORREC has fortified its strategic approach and made it easier for clients to succeed with their global entertainment designs and Canadian-based landscape architecture projects.
“The entertainment industry continues to grow in new and dynamic ways. FORREC has the opportunity to leverage our decades of experience working with the leading operators, brands and clients to meet these changing demands.” said Cale Heit, president and CEO. “Our purpose now is to build on what we do best, by deploying our business development team in ways that give our clients maximum flexibility and success in reaching their goals.”
The new model places one leadership group at the helm of integrated projects and long-term client relationships; the other group of specialists will support individual lines of business: theme parks, water parks, resorts, visitor attractions, and mixed use+ entertainment spaces .
“We have several, seasoned business development leaders who are exceptionally good at integrated entertainment projects,” said Heit. “They will focus on projects that involve many moving parts and require cross-market expertise, in order to best optimize our ability to service our clients.
The Big Picture Leadership Group
Two 30-year veterans of FORREC continue to bring their considerable skills to business development for our integrated projects and long-term clients:
- Steven Rhys, executive vice president, is known industry-wide for his work in MENA, the US and China
- Anthony Van Dam is an executive vice president known for his contacts and many successes in South East Asia and China
Joining them will be two new vice presidents, who will take on new responsibilities as well as supporting projects already underway:
- Linda Hung, formerly the highly successful senior director of theme parks and a 20-year veteran of FORREC
- Steven Shah, formerly senior director of the innovative mixed use+ entertainment sector with more than 30 years’ experience in design and planning, and
Leading the business development team will be:
- Matt Dawson, with a 25-year career in the industry, is now vice president of business development, and will drive, plan and coordinate the company’s activities in the global marketplace.
The Specialists Group
Backing these leaders will be a team of specialists who have proven themselves to be experts in various disciplines:
- Eric O’Rourke is the new senior director of theme parks, bringing 18 years of experience designing global destinations and most recently served as FORREC’s director of resorts
- The new director of resorts is Thomas Gould, with 15 years in the design industry, and promoted from his former role as senior landscape architect
- James Anderson, a 20-year veteran of design, moves from his role as lead creative director to senior director of visitor attractions
- Glenn O’Connor, a 30-year leader in landscape architecture and CSLA president elect, continues his successes as senior director of water parks
- Senior director Scott Torrance focuses on the leadership of our landscape architecture work in Canada
In addition to these changes to business development, David J Eagleson, previously senior project director, has been promoted to vice president. Dave has been with FORREC for 30 years and oversees the development of design for projects with our key clients and brands.
After 30+ years in the industry, FORREC is expert at reacting to a changing marketplace and giving clients service they can depend on. The new go-to-market strategy enhances these skills and grows this ability.