The Senior Landscape Architect will be integral to FORREC US’s Florida project operations and be a key representative within the region. The role requires a member in good standing of the ASLA, and current LA license in the State of Florida with a minimum 5 years of experience professionally practicing within the state of Florida. The role includes responsibility for managing assigned landscape architecture projects, including development of concept designs through to construction to meet client expectations, while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Senior Landscape Architect supervises and oversees the work of junior and intermediate landscape architecture staff as well as other design staff on projects. The Senior Architect will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and coordinate closely with the Studio L (Landscape Architecture) Director, who are located in the head office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Experience working in the Orlando region is an asset
- Responsible for oversight of design and contract documentation production that clearly conveys design intent & demonstrates high level of technical quality
- Manages and coordinates the work of Junior Landscape Architects on various projects.
- Resolves complex technical/design issues and provides guidance and mentorship to team
- Works with Senior Project Architects to interface with building officials and authorities having jurisdiction as required during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Supports communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Works with Senior Project Architects to manage project coordination, including overall management and coordination of all engineering and specialty discipline scope of work: structural, MEP, lighting, AV, architecture, and civil consultants
- Provides technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical, design, and on-site challenges
- Develops and maintains project manual including CSI specifications
- Conducts all Construction Contract Administration duties during construction phase including: conducting and documenting site visits, review of product data/sample submittals/substitution requests, shop drawing review, responding to RFI’s, Change Request documentation, punch lists, payment certificates, etc.
- Interfaces with Landscape Architecture Studio in Toronto office including travel to Toronto as needed.
- Licensed in the State of Florida with a minimum of 5 years practicing within the state
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent professional degree.
- 10+ years of experience in the practice of landscape architecture with experience leading project teams through all phases of design and construction administration.
- Entertainment design and construction experience is highly recommended
- Full knowledge of landscape architecture principles/practices
- Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
- Experience with BIM software, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
- Up to date working knowledge of local building codes, local municipal approvals process, and local building construction materials and methods
- Extensive experience in management of, and detailed coordination with, all engineering and specialty disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas with freehand sketches.
- Demonstrated technical skills including familiarity and experience in preparing and interpreting technical working drawings (plans, sections, elevations, wall sections & construction details).
- Strong project Management skills