The contract Marketing Manager will be reporting to the President. We are looking for a versatile marketing manager who is resourceful, when looking for information leaves no stone unturned. You will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing projects, trade show coordination, social media management, promotions, external brand campaigns, special events and analytics. To succeed in this role, you are as good at handling detailed logistics as you are at contributing to the creative and strategic process. This position is ideal for someone who likes a job that has lots of variety.
- Manages global trade show program, four plus shows a year: handles all booth and branding logistics, from space booking to coordinating promotions, graphics, materials/collateral, etc.
- Liaises with Graphics department and freelance designers and photographers to generate creative solutions for all digital and print communications and campaigns.
- Manages collateral including content collection, production and printing/distribution, ensures all creative follows the brand style guidelines and inventory management of branded pieces in the office.
- Contributes to FORREC’s content marketing efforts to build our credibility as an entertainment design expert across multiple channels, including digital, social media, exhibitions: able to generate ideas, write materials and coordinate approvals.
- Brings hands-on social media skills to increase the company’s social media presence executing the social media strategy, including the content calendar, writes and manages posts, aggregates metrics and proposes new ideas to build followers.
- Coordinates all aspects of FORREC’s online presence. In addition to writing and posting site content, monitors Google analytics.
- Oversees membership opportunities leveraging what various organizations can offer for lead development.
- Manages the budget ensuring there is no overspend.
- Assists with market research initiatives including competitive intelligence research.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field (advertising agency, professional services, leisure, entertainment or cultural sector).
- Writing: Excellent written skills for both external and internal communications with examples of any of the following: press releases, ads, articles, social media, web copy, communications plans, etc.
- Event Logistics: Experience in event or conference planning, showing the ability to juggle many moving parts including suppliers, paperwork, budgets and details.
- Social Media and Online: Experience in using web tools – WordPress and Google Analytics preferred (including SEO strategies). Understanding of various social media channels: their differences and how to leverage them to build engagement.
Technical: Microsoft Office, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Survey Monkey and MailChimp. Some familiarity with the use of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign.
Approach: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Exceptionally adept at learning new concepts with a keen desire for new challenges. Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and prioritize and manage multiple marketing tasks, projects and deadlines with enthusiasm and without jeopardizing quality.