FORREC Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
FORREC is an experience design company that has created some of the world’s most successful leisure and entertainment destinations. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of who we are; it’s not just what we do, it’s part of our identity. This belief applies to every single person at FORREC, and to every service we provide and how we provide it.
The people who work at FORREC are as diverse as our projects. Our team members come from many disciplines, cultures, and perspectives, which allows us to be spirited, dynamic, sociable, and fearless.
The Intermediate Landscape Architect reports to the Assistant Studio Director Landscape Architecture and works closely with the Landscape Architecture Team and Project Managers.
The position is responsible for collaborating on assigned landscape architecture projects, including design development, preparation of technical drawings, and meeting client expectations, while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines, and is within budget. Projects may be located in Canada or around the world, and will likely include parks and public space, streetscapes, development, waterfronts, resorts, entertainment destinations, and visitor attractions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sustainability and be adept at a wide range of project stages from concept through construction.
- Work closely with senior landscape architects and/or project managers.
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual designs.
- Prepare design development and construction documents.
- Quickly develop and communicate multiple design ideas.
- Attending project, client, and site meetings.
- Manage multiple projects and budgets, and effectively meet deadlines.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Manage client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments on all assigned projects.
- Enthusiastically participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and other landscape architects.
- Work closely with Project Directors and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Many client projects are to be delivered in Revit format and therefore a high proficiency in this software is desired.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional landscape architectural office.
- Proven organization and time management skills.
- Ability to produce presentation drawings, construction drawings, specifications, and tender documents for different types of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in AutoCAD 2014 is
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite is
- Proficiency in Revit is highly desired.
- Proficiency in SketchUp is an asset.
- Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and passion for landscape architecture and design.
- Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
Why Choose FORREC?
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
- A hybrid work environment.
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
- Varied social events led by our social committee.
- Flexible hours.
- Comprehensive benefits plan.
- Company matching group retirement savings plan.
- Public transit at the door.
Please submit your resume and portfolio by November 25th, 2023 to Louise Mazzotta (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FORREC is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization, we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.