The full time Intermediate Designer (Interiors) reports to the Director – Interior Design Studio and works closely with the Assistant Director, the Interior Design Team and Project Managers. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned interior design projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development and construction drawings while ensuring work is within project scope, meets the project schedule deadlines and is within budget. The Intermediate Designers (Interiors) may oversee and/or assist the work of more junior interiors staff on specific projects.
- Effectively manages assigned projects from early conceptual stages through to final completion.
- Executing the space planning of retail, restaurant and other hospitality facilities.
- Selection and specification of furniture, lighting, finishes and artwork.
- Preparation of FF&E documents.
- Develops and renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design, design development and construction drawing phases.
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments.
- Communicates progress, timelines, meets deadlines, and adheres to an assigned budget.
- Prepares technical drawings in CAD or Revit
- Works closely with Project Managers and other internal team members to meet overall project objectives.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and more junior interior design staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- 4-7 years of related experience as an interior designer in retail and/or hospitality design
- NCIDQ certification an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Compelling sense of design and a creative flair
- Strong knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent
- Understanding of the building code and design standards in order to develop suitable space planning
- Sound knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models
- Proficiency in the technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Advanced knowledge in Revit
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, VRay and InDesign graphic software.
- Excellent graphic presentation skills
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design ideas and to take direction
- Strong organizational, communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Obvious enthusiasm and passion for design.
- Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
Why Choose FORREC?
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
- Varied social events led by our social committee.
- Flexible hours.
- Great benefits.
- Company matching group retirement savings plan.
Please submit your application by July 29th, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FORREC is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
FORREC is an experience design company that has created some of the world’s most successful leisure and entertainment destinations. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of who we are; it’s not just what we do, it’s part of our identity. This belief applies to every single person at FORREC, and to every service we provide and how we provide it. The people who work at FORREC are as diverse as our projects. Our team members come from many disciplines, cultures, and perspectives, which allows us to be spirited, dynamic, sociable, and fearless.