FORREC Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid)
FORREC is an experience design company that has created some of the world’s most successful leisure and entertainment destinations. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of who we are; it’s not just what we do, it’s part of our identity. This belief applies to every single person at FORREC, and to every service we provide and how we provide it. The people who work at FORREC are as diverse as our projects. Our team members come from many disciplines, cultures, and perspectives, which allows us to be spirited, dynamic, sociable, and fearless.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Accounting, Payroll and Benefits Manager is responsible for managing financial accounting processes, assisting with financial reporting, supporting budgeting, and forecasting activities, supporting project accounting functions as required, managing payroll and benefits processing, and managing overall office administration.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Overall management of payroll, benefits & office administration, including managing Payroll, Benefits & Office Services Administrator position (hiring, training, retention, performance reviews).
Financial accounting and reporting:
- Review financial transactions monthly to ensure completeness, accuracy, appropriate coding and cutoff.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and working papers for review by VP Finance.
- Review studio financial reports to ensure transactions have been recorded properly and post for studio lead review.
- Prepare account analyses and reporting as directed by VP Finance.
- Prepare year-end working papers and assist VP Finance in responding to year-end audit inquiries.
- Review new vendor requests, input of accounts payable invoices, coding & approval.
- Review and input of employee expense reports, including accuracy, appropriate backup, coding and approvals and calculate foreign exchange if applicable.
- Ensure accurate monthly cutoff and record accruals if required.
- Reconcile vendor statements and respond to inquiries.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts payable files.
- Monitor operations payables and pay by due date.
- Determine most cost-effective way to make payments based on location and vendor requirements
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with monitoring foreign exchange transactions and record entries as directed by VP Finance.
- Support VP Finance in preparing annual budget & preparing mid-year reforecast.
- Work with Studio Leads to analyze budget and forecast variances.
Canadian & U.S. payroll:
- Ensure employee timesheets completed on a timely basis, monitor compliance against established policies and answer employee questions.
- Review & approve payroll on a semi-monthly basis, including overtime payments, expense reimbursements, group RRSP/DPSP/TFSA/401(k) contributions, taxable benefits, employee contributions to group benefits and related government remittances.
- Prepare annual government remittance (EHT, WSIB) and quarterly PAR filings.
- Maintain current knowledge of payroll practices and legislative requirements in Canada, as well as state requirements for any states where U.S. employees reside.
- Overall knowledge of company Canadian & U.S. benefits plans (health & dental, group RRSP, 401(k).
- Manage benefits administration functions, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Overall knowledge of office administration procedures, including developing new processes to improve efficiency, address changes in the environment and/or improve the overall office experience for employees.
- Manage administrative aspects of employee onboarding & offboarding process.
WHAT YOU BRING:
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Professional accounting designation completed (CPA or international equivalent)
- 5+ years’ experience with in-house payroll processing for small to medium sized company, with completed PCP courses considered an asset.
- 5+ years related experience in general accounting and payroll, with at least 2-3 years in an A/E environment.
- Experience working with international clients in a multicurrency environment considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), and accounting software
- Knowledge of Clearview InFocus/Unanet AE (or other A/E accounting software such as Deltek Vision or Ajera), a plus
- Understanding of general accounting, payroll, financial reporting, and internal control processes
- Interpersonal skills such as collaboration, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion
- Attention to detail and accuracy and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate sound judgment
- Maintains the highest professional ethics and standards.
Why Choose FORREC?
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Great benefits.
- Flexible hours.
- Public transit at the door.
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
- Pool table, ping pong, video games on-site.
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building.
- Varied social events led by our social committee.
About our Working Conditions
This is a 14-month contract position, with the potential for a 6-month extension, based out of our Toronto head office. We currently operate in a hybrid work environment. There is a requirement to work a minimum of 1 (one) day a week in the office for the duration of this contract.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application (resume & cover letter) to HR@forrec.com by December 16th, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FORREC is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.