We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Junior Landscape Designer who is passionate about design, innovation and actively seeks opportunities to push the boundaries of our profession. Come join our dynamic team and multi-disciplinary design studio.
- Actively participates in the development of assigned projects from preliminary concept through to detailed design.
- Prepares technical/CAD drawings under the supervision of more senior landscape architecture staff.
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architectural projects.
- Corrects and updates documents.
- Develops solutions to technical problems under supervision from senior landscape architects.
- Assists in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination as well as coordination with internal departments.
- Participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 1-4 years’ experience working in a professional landscape architectural office
- Eligibility or working towards full membership in OALA (or equivalent)
- Good design and graphic communication (hand/computer) skills.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of landscape architecture including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCad/Architectural desktop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Computer file management
- Working knowledge in REVIT, SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator graphic software is an asset
- Demonstrated technical skills including familiarity and experience in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details).
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of construction documents and contract administration is an asset